04 January 2012

Semester 01 Final Project Viva (Bachelor of Interior Architecture (Hons))

The Presentation Boards








The Studio 01/2011 residential space design project. The final project for the current semester. We were to chose our very own local public figure as our client and propose a design for their apartment. This is just a simulation based design task given by Assoc. Prof. Jazman & Assoc. Prof Hilmiah. For myself, I chose the actor Ashraf Muslim as my client. Reasons for having him as the client, wow !!! He's considered a perfect guy to look up to. He's an actor, he can cure people (Insyaallah), he can host, he can motivate and lastly he's an entrepreneur.

A bit of his background. He was born on 12th Sept 1981. Eldest among 8 siblings. Attended Sekolah Rantau Petronas and graduated from the Royal Military College in 1995. He obtained a diploma in business management from KLIUC. Started acting career in 2006 as an actor in Impian Illiyana drama. He's currently managing a family business in animal breeding and operates the islamic treatment centre called Al-Hidayah in Gombak. Recently, he wed to Noor Dayana Hj. Lokman, his mentor's daughter.

The concept:


Life is like petals of flower. It combines everything, from space, body and the mind. It connects the spiritual needs of a single entity by various petals.

The space designed for Ashraf Muslim suits his need for leisure and fulfilling his career needs. A man with vision.

My side of story:

The project started on the very first day of study week. Now that is the real challenge for this new semester. Everyone seems busy doing their revision but I still need to work out on my design and drawings. I was so anxious and excited to working on my first real interior design project. I wanna score for this design. It looks like simple, but the development process is tiring and full of critic sessions.

It was so tiring. I had to sleep, eat and work at the studio. But I prefer to sleep at the hostel rather than the studio. My daily routine, sleep during day and work during night. Wake up at 2 p.m., then sleep at 6 a.m. My daily routine for the past 5 weeks. The best part of it, as a first year student, we are required to draw every plans, elevations, sections and perspective views manually. It means with hands. No AutoCAD permitted. Then, we rendered the drawings and photocopy each one of it and placed on the presentation boards. *Sigh* Back to basic ... Finally, it all comes to an end (for now, wait until it goes again for next semester).

One thing for sure, I nearly miss my ViVa for the project. I just wanna get some rest before the presentation at 9 a.m., the thing was, I overslept and woke up at 10 a.m. Luckily, my classmate Ili Dayana called me and asked my whereabouts. I opened my eyes and straight head for bath. I got only 10 minutes to get to the studio and present. Alhamdulillah, I got there just in time. Otherwise, no marks for me.

Tired & Sleepless  

Going crazy before ViVa

Let say, my presentation went well on 9th January 2012. Got positive feedback from the lecturers. They said that I'm an organized guy and undeniable of technical specifications. However I'm lack in arts. They loves my design but I still need to work on my art and sketches. Now that is a relieve. Finally a good news. Now I can go back home with a smile and have fun. Oh, I also wanna learn to sketch well. Homework for the semester break !!! I think I'm gonna go well for ID for the coming years.

Ideas development process:

The compilation of ideas and proposed final design

The project checklist and timeline

The air circulation of the space

Proposed final floor plan layout

Proposed bathroom design

Proposed hall design

Proposed work-space design
 
The technical specifications

p/s: Hand drawn ONLY !!!

The scaled model (1:25):















No comments: